Saturday, May 9, 2009

I'm going to blow this Popsicle stand once and for all

1. I have officially been out of college for an entire year. That said, I'm completely embarrassed to report that I have NOT finished reading "The Making of Americans" by Gertrude Stein. I know.

2. After I have officially (totally unofficially) received the title of "Gay Princess of Lafayette," I am a little sad to say that I will be leaving.

3. Actually, I'm not really at all sad to be leaving this one horse town. I'm going where the long arm of the law doesn't reach, (New Orleans).There are plenty of people that I will miss, but with digital communication these days, they will be at my fingertips anyway.

4. Soon, I will be posting video of me tap dancing on Bourbon Street just to scrape up enough money to buy a sandwich and a bloody mary.

2 comments:

Si Feng said...

Hey, we met at LITE but didn't have a chance to chat. Are you going to New Orleans? I lived there for 2 years (at Tulane) and just moved to Lafayette. Have fun in New Orleans!

BTW, I saw your photo with Allison on Facebook. My god, are you friends? My wife and I are big fans of her! She should have won.

Dorothy Grace Nicole Ritchie said...

This is what I'm doing on a Friday night....reading your blog, crying over every sentence that remotely references our conversations of Christmas past. Oh where oh where has my megan gone, oh where oh where can she be? with her hair cut short and....