Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thinking of bedazzling my face a little

This is the first job that I do not deal directly with the public. I'm relatively behind the scenes at a New Orleans non-profit and therefore think it's time to do something that other jobs have banned me from in the past: pierce my face! I know, I'm a little old for that now, but better old than never and at least I'm not doing something irreversible.

Anyway, yesterday I asked my boss if it was okay and if there was any "least offensive" piercing she preferred. She told me I could do whatever I want but to think about how I will be perceived by others who may be involved in my future career. I thought about that for a while and sort of decided against it. Then I changed my mind. Then I changed it back. This answer was SO much more effective than saying "no" like previous employers. She's good.

Last night I bedazzled my face with sticky jewels to see what (if anything) would even look good. Here are the results:




7 comments:

thepastyharlot said...

no nose-ring? i think you have a cute nose. for the record, i despise the cheek dimple thing. i knew a girl that did them...they got so swollen and infected that she was wearing tongue-ring barbells in them. *shudders*

MeganHargroder said...

lol eeew that doesn't sound fun:( I skipped the nose because I had that done before and it kept getting infected bc of my sinus issues and random nosebleeds. I know, I know. Sexy.

Shazanne said...

How about a lip ring? I always wanted one of those...
- Shan

Shazanne said...

I love cheek piercings and they leave you with dimples, so that could be totally cute even after you take them out.

And never think too much about the future! life's way too short :)

Shazanne said...

ok.. Shan and I both commented on your blog at the exact same moment. from our respective work places. without knowing the other was reading your blog at the same time. creepy/weird. Zanne.

MeganHargroder said...

lol! That's how you know you're close to someone:) I think I'm going with the lip one because evidently you have to have certain kinds of cheeks to be able to pierce them and I don't want to go through all the trouble of having my cheeks "approved" for piercing...will post photos of actual non-sticker bedazzlement soon:)

Anne of Green Gables said...

I vote for picture one or three! Please don't pierce your cheeks. I will never be able to pinch them when I grow old.