Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I quit smoking - the dark side

Around day 15 I'm no longer craving a cigarette, but my anxiety levels are ridiculous. And I'm not using the word ridiculous lightly, either. What I'm about to tell you may cause you to think that I'm a crazy person.

For the past week I have been:
-unable to drive on the interstate because I'm certain that I would crash and die.
-feeling an overwhelming sense of doom every time I get into a vehicle in general.
-eating WAY more than usual. I think maybe football players eat this much but definitely not normal people.
-very uncomfortable in any type of social situation to the point of feeling like I'm having a heart attack.

These are not normal behaviors. And I'm not crazy.

I'm blaming this (currently) on my detox from nicotine.

However, I'm not saying "don't quit smoking."
You should absolutely quit smoking.
But you shouldn't do it cold turkey just because you think you have superman willpower like I do. You might not have exactly the same reaction as I am having but it's never good for your body to go into freak out mode. And that's about all the wisdom I have to share because clearly I'm learning this the hard way.

No comments: